What are they like?
- Deliciously chewy
- Full of oats, carrots, raisins & walnuts
- Awesome with maple syrup & whipped coconut cream
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup walnuts
1/3 cup raisins
1 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1 1/2 cups soy milk OR preferred milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 egg OR substitute vegan egg
1 tbsp honey, optional OR agave for vegan
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Then pour the wet in to the dry and mix until combined.
- Place a heavy skillet over medium high heat, like a cast iron, but any skillet will work. Add 1 tsp of oil and place spoonfuls of batter into the pan. Turn the pancakes over once small bubbles surface and start to pop. Cook pancakes for several more minutes and then test for doneness and repeat with another batch.
- Keep them warm and serve. If you are feeling like going all out, bellow is an excellent topping!
My favorite topping for pancakes, waffles, or french toast is as follows:
- a spread of almond butter
- sliced pear
- frozen blueberries, warmed (the juice makes a great sauce)
- maple syrup
- walnuts & cinnamon
- whipped coconut cream, optional
Just place the toppings on the table and everyone can help themselves.